This Quiz is submitted by Rhea Bazaz Legal content writer at Lawyers Troop
This Law Quiz likewise contains 10 Basic Questions of law to test your Legal knowledge.
There are four options given to each question, make sure to attend all of them and get your results at the end of this Legal Quiz.
1 What was held in the landmark decision of ‘Navtej Singh Johar v. Union of India’?
- It criminalized the act of marital rape.
- Sexual intercourse with a wife aged below 18 years is statutory rape.
- It decriminalized consensual sex among all adults, including homosexuals.
- The right to privacy was upheld as an essential part of Article 21.
The Answer is: It decriminalized consensual sex among all adults, including homosexuals.
2 Which of the following statements pertaining to Expert Opinion under the Indian Evidence Act is not true?
- A person is considered an expert if he has superior knowledge and practical experience in a field.
- The opinion of an eye-witness is given more importance over that of an expert.
- The opinion of the expert does not need to be corroborated with any other evidence.
- The evidence given by a tracking dog and his trainer is also relevant in court.
The Answer is: The opinion of an eye-witness is given more importance over that of an expert.
3 In which year was the Right to Education Act enacted?
The Answer is: 2009
4 ‘A’ agrees to pay ‘B’ a sum of Rs. 10, 000 to buy some antiques from him. ‘B’ is two months shy of turning 18 years old. The contract is-
The Answer is: Voidable
5 The concept of ‘fundamental duties’ in the Indian Constitution was borrowed from-
The Answer is: Russia
6 Which Article of the Indian constitution allows President of India to commute death sentence?
- Article 161
- Article 72
- Article 71
- Article 79
The Answer is: Article 72
7 What is a ‘Zero FIR’?
- An FIR which can be filed at any police station irrespective of jurisdiction and location of crime.
- An FIR which is closed due to lack of evidence.
- An FIR which is filed by another party on behalf of the victim.
- None of the above
The Answer is: An FIR which is filed by another party on behalf of the victim.
8 Which of the following is not a ground for divorce under Hindu Marriage Act?
- Refusal to fulfil marital duties
The Answer is: Refusal to fulfil marital duties
9 What is the Voir-Dire Test?
- It is used to determine whether the facts presented before the court at the first instance are relevant or not.
- It is used to compare the contradictory statements of various witnesses.
- It is used to determine whether a child is capable of recounting events and becoming a witness.
- It is used to determine whether victims of sexual assault are in a stable condition to give a statement.
The Answer is: It is used to determine whether a child is capable of recounting events and becoming a witness.
10 The provision of ‘caveat’ in CPC corresponds to which criminal procedure?
- Issuing a warrant
- Attachment and Seizure
- Summary Trial
- Anticipatory Bail
The Answer is: Anticipatory Bail