About the Organizers
Lex Macula is a youth organisation specializing in organizing moot courts, debates, seminars and other legal competitions for a much better learning experience than what is offered to the law students.
Driven by a sense of excellence and talent in the young minds, a variety of mediums are provided to help students achieve perfectionism in every domain of the legal field.
About the Moot
Against the backdrop of the ongoing global crises and the ensuing lockdown, the global community stands at the threshold of an uncertain future, While the economic and political setbacks of the same get the centre stage, we tend to forget the aggravation of social evils in the society.
Several reports claim a significant rise in reported cases of domestic violence, in the light of which we at Lex Macula present to you an online moot court on the issue of-
”Rise in Domestic Violence during quarantine”. The moot court will be held on May 1, 2020.
Eligibility and Team Composition
1. This competition is open to students pursuing LL.B. three year or five-year integrated law course from any university recognized by The Bar Council of India during the current academic year 2019-20.
2. It is a Mono Advocacy Moot, i.e., participation is limited to a single person.
3. Arguments shall be made in English language only.
4. Each participant will be provided with a team code by the organizing committee that shall be mentioned on the first page of the memorial.
Schedule of Events
|LAST DATE FOR SENDING
|27th April 2020, 11:59 PM|
|RELEASE OF ADDENDUM
|29th April 2020, 5:00 PM|
|LAST DATE OF
|29th April 2020, 11:59 PM|
|LAST DATE OF
|30th April 2020, 5:00 PM|
|EXCHANGE OF MEMOS
|30th April 2020, 7:00 PM|
|DATE OF EVENT||1st May 2020|
1. The registration fee shall be Rs. 200/- (two hundred only) for each participant. The registration fee shall be non-refundable and non-transferable.
2. ONLINE GOOGLE FORM to register – Click here for the registration form
Venue and Time
The virtual moot competition shall be held on Friday 01 May 2020 via video conferencing. The links and the schedule of the meeting rooms shall be provided via mail after the submission of memorials.
1. The organizing committee will entertain clarifications till 27th April 2020, 11:59 pm.
2. The participants shall email their queries to lexmacula[at]gmail.com and CC them to saharsh2206[at]gmail.com and krishabaweja[at]gmail.com.
3. If required, the organizing committee will release an addendum to the moot preposition addressing any and all relevant queries by 29th April 11:59 pm.
Aryaman Sharma (Vice-President, Lex Macula): +91 9953745660, +91 9667555160, +91 9013965521
Disclaimer: We attempt to guarantee that the data we post on LawyersTroop is precise. However, despite our best efforts, some portion of the content may contain errors, before moving ahead with the information provided please conduct checks from your side as well.